Future leaders are currently being sought for employment in a leadership development summer internship program for college students from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds called Urban Scholars.
The 12-week program is a partnership between the City of Minneapolis, Minneapolis Public Schools, Metropolitan Council, Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board, State of Minnesota, PCL Construction, and Greater Twin Cities United Way. Urban Scholars provides:
· Full-time, competitively paid, professional resume-building work experience for graduates and undergraduate students.
· Direct access to agency leaders including but not limited to the Mayor, City Council members, Department Heads, Superintendents, and Executive Directors.
· A team-based community project that will be presented to City Council, community stakeholders, senior management, and colleagues.
· Leadership and communications skills development as part of the Urban Scholars Leadership Institute
· Mentors to provide guidance to achieve professional goals.
· Opportunities to create valuable professional networks.
This highly competitive summer internship starts on Tuesday, May 26, 2015, and ends on Friday, August 14, 2015. Applications will be accepted until Friday, February 20, 2015. This opportunity is open to undergraduate and graduate college students regardless of academic major. Public sector experience is highly desired but not required.
Eligible college students. Urban Scholars staff members are available and would welcome an opportunity to talk to you about the program.
Must be enrolled and in good standing at an accredited two or four year college, university, graduate program, or law school at the time of application.
Must have completed first year of post-secondary education.
Must be authorized to work in the United States
Must be able to participate on a full-time basis for 12 weeks (40 hours per week)
Please note that recent graduates (May of 2015) are eligible for participation, and there is no residency requirement.
For more information and a link to the online application, visit: www.minneapolismn.gov/urbanscholars. If you have specific questions or need additional information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 673-2516.