The Audubon Neighborhood Association, together with Audubon Park, Northeast Middle School and Edison High School, invite you to our 7th Annual Spring WingDing!
At Audubon Park, 1320 29th Ave. NE, on Sat., May 7, 11am-2pm.
The theme of our annual neighborhood celebration is on learning how to protect our urban environment. The eco exhibits will include nature presentations from groups like the Audubon Society and 4-H, make-your-own environmentally-friendly household cleaner by the Mississippi Watershed Management Organization, advice from Master Gardeners, a free bicycle check-up clinic, hands on arts-and-craft activities – and more!
As in the past 4 years, the event will also include a chicken wings contest. Cook up a dozen of your specialty, and drop them off at the Rec Center kitchen by 11am. Judging and awards will be at noon. The winner will be named on our Wings trophy! Email Chris Pratt at firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail) for more info.
- Sharpen your spring sports skills, including soccer, at a sports camp for all ages, hosted by Edison High. (Please pre-register at email@example.com (link sends e-mail))
- Let your little ones enjoy carnival games, and support Northeast Middle School
- Eat delicious food from our great neighborhood restaurants, and support the Edison High Tommie Boosters
- Listen to lively music from Edison, NE Middle School, and community bands
- Swap spring plants with your neighbors at the ANA’s 1st Plant Swap
- And enjoy all your Audubon neighbors all in one place!
This year’s WingDing will again be a green, zero waste event – so bonus points if you arrive by bus, bike or on foot. We plan to host the City of Minneapolis Portable Drinking Water Fountain/Bottle Filler station. Bring your own water bottle and GET A FREE TICKET for food or games!
In case of rain, events will be held inside Northeast Middle School.
We’ve also invited our famous Audubon Turkeys to make a showing for the event like they did last year!