The regular Board/ General Meeting of the Columbia Park Neighborhood Association will be held Monday May 16, 2016 at 6:30 pm at the Columbia Golf Manor 3300 Central AV NE, main floor Bride’s Room at end of the south corridor.
Need Accessible entrance opened call Liz at 612-390-3735
Columbia Park Draft Meeting Agenda for Monday May 16, 2016
6:30 – Call to Order for Board Actions
6:31 – Approval of the Agenda
6:32 – Police update from 2nd precinct officer (if one comes, same time as Open House at the station)
6:35 – Approval the Draft Minutes for CPNA meeting March 21, 2016
6:39 – Treasurer’s Report- Receive and File
6:59 – General Meeting
7:00 – Old Business
Adopt a HighwayClean Up with Marshall Terrace of University AV from 27th to 37th
Adopt-A-Highway clean-up, Saturday May 21, 2016. Meet at the Northwest corner of 27th Ave and University Street in the Theile Technologies, In591 36 1/2c. parking lot at 9:00 AM. CCMT will supply the bags and the safety vests. Participants should wear appropriate weather wear and gloves. Refreshments will be provided.
Gateway Garden Update
Annual Meeting /Newsletter/Signs/Survey
7:15 – New Business
Ad for all neighborhood garage sale in the Northeaster
Elect electors for the NCEC commission elections
Discussion regarding a request to divide a lot into 2 lots at 591 36 1/2 Ave Ne
7:30 – Crime and Safety Update
2 PAC report
7:45 – Announcements/ Communications
21st Annual Art-A-Whirl Presented by the Northeast Minneapolis Arts Association
(NEMAA), Art-A-Whirl is an open studio tour in Northeast Minneapolis. It’s a great opportunity to tour private artist studios and galleries, connect with the artists, and purchase original artwork. Over the last 20 years, it has become the largest open studio tour in the country. Art-A-Whirl takes place annually throughout Northeast Minneapolis, the third weekend of May. This event is free and open to the public. Pick up an Artist Directory and Guide or download the 2016 Art-A-Whirl map 2016 Dates and Hours:
Friday, May 20th – 5:00-10:00 p.m.Saturday, May 21st – Noon-8:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 22nd – Noon-5:00 p.m.
View artwork within more than 50 locations throughout Northeast Minneapolis, including studio buildings, art galleries, homes, storefronts, businesses, and restaurants.
See the work of more than 600 artists in more than 20 mediums including clay, furniture, glass, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, and much more.
The artists’ open studio tours may include demonstrations, live performances, and large-scale exhibitions. Studio tours offer a great opportunity to ask questions, discuss techniques, experience art first-hand, and purchase unique artwork directly from the artists.
Art-A-Whirl gives you a unique opportunity to meet the artists who make our community so vibrant, and purchase artwork that you connect with. Art-A-Whirl also offers you several ways of becoming more involved in the local arts community.
- Like Art-A-Whirl and NEMAA on Facebook
- Follow @NemaaMN on Twitter
- Follow @NemaaMN on Instagram, and tag us in your #ArtAWhirl photos!
- Use #ArtAWhirl to spread the word about your artwork, events, or experience as a visitor!
- Volunteer. Join us as a volunteer. You’ll have fun, make new friends and contribute to the success of Art-A-Whirl.
- Make a donation. Show that art matters to you, help support NEMAA’s mission, and keep Art-A-Whirl alive by making a cash donation today. NEMAA is a registered non-profit 501(c)3 organization, so your donation is tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
- Become a member. Help make the community more vibrant by joining NEMAA as a member. Membership levels include: Individual Artist, Community Friend, Professional Art Gallery, Non-profit Organization, and Business. Learn more about the benefits of membership, and join us today.
- Become a sponsor. NEMAA sponsorship allows you to connect with NEMAA members and our broad audience to increase your brand recognition, while supporting our mission and the largest open studio art tour in the country. Learn more about the benefits of becoming a sponsor and our sponsorship levels.
Location: NE United Methodist Church, 2510 Cleveland ST NE, 1st floor. Enter church from Cleveland ST.
Foot Clinic at NE United Methodist
Available to Medicare beneficiaries and those soon to start Medicare. Certified counselors are at The Legacy Assisted Living, 2540 Kenzie Terrace, St. Anthony on the first Tuesday of each month from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and at Bottineau Park the 3rd Thursday of the month. This program brought to you by Northeast Senior Services and the Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging. It is not affiliated with any insurance companies.
* Part D Prescription Drug coverage options
* Supplemental insurance options
* Medicare savings programs
* Medical Assistance
* Medicare fraud & abuse & more
Location: 2560 Kenzie Terrace (Autumn Woods Apartments). Call 612-781-5096 to reserve your appointment.
NEighbors Garage Sale Weekend in Northeast Minneapolis.
In 2016 the sales will be Friday June 17 and Saturday June 18.
To request a presentation to your neighborhood group, or for sponsor info, contact Margo Ashmore at 612-788-9003.
The sale will be run through the Northeaster newspaper
NCR Department seeking comments on Draft Guidelines
Dear Neighborhood Leaders,
NCR is asking for your neighborhood organization’s review and comments on the draft 2017-2019 Community Participation Program Guidelines. These Guidelines direct how at least $3,000,000 each year will be allocated to recognized Minneapolis neighborhood organizations for community participation activities. NCR staff will also be updating the data sets for the funding allocations as identified in the draft Appendix A: Determining Funding Levels.
To download and review the draft Guidelines and Appendix A, please follow these links:
- Draft 2017-2019 Community Participation Program Guidelines: http://tinyurl.com/2017-19DraftGuidelines
- Appendix A: Determining Funding Levels: http://tinyurl.com/2017-19-Appendix-A
You can find a redline version of the draft 2017-2019 CPP Guidelines, updates and more information on our website here: http://www.minneapolismn.gov/ncr/programs/WCMSP-174183
NCR encourages all neighborhood organization boards to review the draft guidelines and to provide your comments to NCR by Monday, June 20, 2016 by 4:30 p.m. Written comments should be provided to NCR no later than 4:30 p.m. on Monday, June 20, 2016. Please submit your comments in electronic format if possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your comments should be in text format (such as a Word document, a readable pdf, or via email) so that we can provide ADA accessible documents. If it is not possible to submit your comments electronically, please mail your written comments to:
Neighborhood and Community Relations
Crown Roller Mill, Suite 425
105 5th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Please contact me with any questions at (612) 673-2523, or by email at email@example.com.
Thank you for your time and attention to this important matter!
Upper Harbor Terminal Open House
When: Tuesday, May 24th from 6-8 pm
Where: Minneapolis Urban League – Laura Scott Williams room 2100 Plymouth Ave North