The seasons are changing and entertaining outside with recreational fires is a common past time now that fire pits are so popular. With that in mind CPNA would like to remind you of the Minneapolis rules and ask that you please be kind to your neighbors who get to share the smoke and ash if not the fun gathering.
• Outdoor fires are permitted between 9:00AM and 10:00PM.
• Keep fires small, less than three feet in diameter and two feet high.
• Burn only untreated, unpainted, dry wood. Never burn cardboard boxes, trash, or debris because the smoke can be toxic.
• Fires must be at least 25 feet away from a structure or combustible material and in a fire ring or pit with edges more than six inches high.
• Have a hose or fire extinguisher present.
• Postpone the fire when the wind exceeds 10 mph.
• Fire must be constantly attended by someone 18 years or older and completely out before being abandoned.